CashShield is a Software as a Service (SaaS) fraud prevention solution based in Singapore. Initially founded as CashRun by Justin Lie, the company was later repositioned as CashRun in 2016. Using Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Big Data, CashShield engages in pattern recognition and behavioural analysis in the field of fraud management. The solution is the first to offer a 100% chargeback protection guarantee to merchants.
CashShield was founded in 2008 by Justin Lie as CashRun, before a 2016 rebranding. After experiencing credit card fraud on his own website, Justin developed a prototype fraud management system centred around automation and optimisation in order to verify incoming transactions. CashShield engaged in a period of deep research and refinement, working with gaming marketplaces in Europe before soft-launching their first product at CeBit 2011 in Germany.
Following the 2011 soft-launch, CashShield engaged in further beta-testing with European telecommunication companies before entering the go-to-market stage in 2014. CashShield gained prominence in the regional fintech scene when it emerged as one of the 5 finalists in the 2014 Singapore Emerging Enterprise Award for the Most Promising Emerging Enterprise. In 2016, CashShield won the coveted Singapore's Most Innovative Product award at the Singapore National Infocomm Awards by the Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority. It also came in first for the Top Founder (Local) award at the 2016 Singapore Fintech Festival by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
Justin Lie was joined by co-founders Irene Brime in 2010, and Jun Xian Lee in 2016.
Using Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Big Data, CashShield engages in pattern recognition and behavioural analysis in the field of fraud management. The solution addresses online fraud on two levels, preventing coordinated fraud attacks on online businesses and insuring merchants against chargeback claims by customers. The system is fully automated, generating accept or reject decisions that are optimised for sales in real time. In doing so, CashShield overcomes the traditional dilemma of fraud management, helping merchants to minimise fraud risks while maximising revenue by increasing acceptance rates. Notably, the solution eliminates the need for manual reviews, allowing businesses to redirect their resources more efficiently.
In 2008, CashShield became the first fraud management solution to offer a 100% chargeback protection guarantee to merchants. It is PCI-DSS compliant.
To date, CashShield has integrated merchants across various fields, working with companies in the e-Commerce, Online ticketing, Travel, Digital goods, Gaming and Luxury industries. It operates in over 190 countries, and has engaged in over 244,000 hours of continuous fraud screening, maintaining a 100% merchant retention rate.
|title=at position 72 (help)
Financial services companies
▪ Financial companies by country
▪ Accounting firms
▪ Alternative investment companies
▪ Banks of the United States
▪ Brokerage firms
▪ Building societies
▪ Collection agencies
▪ Commodity exchanges
▪ Credit card issuer associations
▪ Credit rating agencies
▪ Credit unions
▪ Debit card issuer associations
▪ Financial derivative trading companies
▪ Financial technology companies
▪ Foreign exchange companies
▪ Insurance companies
▪ Investment companies
▪ Investment management companies
▪ Leasing companies
▪ Mezzanine capital investment firms
▪ Mortgage lenders
▪ Private equity firms
▪ Real estate investment trusts
▪ Stock exchanges
▪ Venture capital firms
▪ Financial services company stubs
Financial services companies of the USA
▪ Financial companies of the USA by location
▪ Banks of the United States
▪ Commodity exchanges in the United States
▪ Credit unions of the United States
▪ Hedge fund firms of the United States
▪ Insurance companies of the United States
▪ Investment companies of the United States
▪ Investment management US companies
▪ Mortgage industry companies of the USA
▪ Mortgage lenders of the United States
▪ Private equity firms of the United States
▪ Real estate investment trusts of the USA
▪ Stock exchanges in the United States
▪ Tax preparation companies of the USA
▪ US government sponsored enterprise
▪ American venture capital firms
▪ US financial services company stubs