|المركز الاقليمي لمكافحة الليشمانيا|
|Industry||Professional - Health Agency · Community Organization|
|Founder||Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Al-Kamel (MD)|
|Yemen Republic, Middle East & World wide|
|Dr. Mohamed A. Al-Kamel (MD), President|
|Brands||YemenLeish Newsletter, Medicine-For-All program, "insuring medicine for the poor"|
|Services||Consultation, Lab Diagnosis, Management, Treatment, Medicine Donation, Rehabilitation, Follow-up, Child Care, Surveillance, Research, Prevention, Disease Control, Education, Medical Camps, Remote Field Visits, Meetings and Workshops, Community Partnership|
|Divisions||Sana'a Governorate Unit, Al Baydaa Governorate Unit, Hajjah Governorate Unit, IbbGovernorate Unit, Taiz Governorate Unit, Dhamar Governorate Unit, .. ..|
The Regional Leishmaniasis Control Center (RLCC) is 501(c)(3) non-profit charity dedicated to control and eradicate the neglected endemic leishmaniasis disease from Yemen. It currently has 4 regional centers with its headquarter in Sana'a; the capital city of Yemen.
RLCC was founded during April, 2013 by the Yemeni dermatologist and ISD's member; Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Al-Kamel (MD), in collaboration with the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), International Society of Dermatology (ISD) and International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS).
Eradication of Leishmaniasis from Yemen Project (ELYP) is the main project of the RLCC, and Medicine-For-All Program that insures medicine for the poor is its principal program (in partnership with Stiefel/GSK). The Board of Trustees is the principal authority of the foundation, and a widely growing network of volunteers, including physicians, scientists, technicians, health workers, community leaders, and patients support its integrated programs.
The main objectives of RLCC include:
(1) Integrating leishmaniasis diagnostic and management educational programs for physicians, technicians and health workers and train them how to carry out early detection of cases and to enable them to treat/refer patients with leishmaniasis to our centers.
(2) Increasing education and community awareness about the disease and preventive actions.
(3) Geo-Location of the affected populations and creating an epidemiological profile for leishmaniasis disease in Yemen.
(4) Improving the quality of the diagnosis of human and animal Leishmaniasis, unraveling the genome of the causative agents through, and exploring means to reduce the risk of this disease and improve the treatment strategies.
(5) Providing patients, with all available treatment and preventive options.
(6) Supporting leishmaniasis-related research capabilities.
1. RLCC Construction and Development Program
2. Community Education Program
3. Surveillance Program
4. Medicine-For-All Program "insuring medicine for the poor"
5. Vector-Reservoir Control Program
6. Research Program
7. Teledermatology Program
8. Field Campaigns
9. Rehabilitation Program
- YemenLeish (ISSN: 2518-9875) is the official, printed, periodical newsletter of the Regional Leishmaniasis Control Center (RLCC).
- Leishmaniasis in Yemen: a clinicoepidemiological study of leishmaniasis in central Yemen.
- Spectrum of winter dermatoses in rural Yemen.
- Impact of leishmaniasis in women: a practical review with an update on my ISD-supported initiative to LYP).
- Stigmata in cutaneous leishmaniasis: Historical and new evidence-based concepts.